Thinking of Monterey

Well, it's Monterey Week. considered by many as the pinnacle of the collector car hobby. Events like the Quail, Concourso Italiano, Pebble Beach Councours d'Elegance and the Rolex Historics to name a few. Cars that are restored to better than new condition that rarely make it out of the garage, gather to strut their stuff for the world to see. Every year I am treated to parts of what I would call my PowerBall wish list if I were to ever hit the lottery and strike it rich. Many folks would lavish them self with new cars, where as I would build a nice new garage and fill it to the brim with automotive history. One such vehicle is the Ferrari 265 GT/B Daytona and the Shelby 289 Cobra. These classics are some of the most beautiful cars to ever be designed and this year in Monterey, RM Auctions has examples of each that I would love to call my own.


1971 Ferrari 365 Daytona coupe
















1964 Shelby 289 Cobra

















Picture source: RM Auctions

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Automotive News & Concepts. All Rights Reserved.